By visiting this website and/or using the information on this website, you declare to agree with the applicability of this disclaimer.
The information on this website is solely intended to comprise general information. You cannot derive any rights from the information on this website. Although Galatea Advocaten exercises due care in respect of the creation and maintenance of this website, Galatea Advocaten cannot guarantee that the information on this website is at all times correct, complete and/or up-to-date.
Galatea Advocaten reserves all intellectual property rights and other rights with respect to all information on this website. It is not allowed to copy, download or publish information on this website in any manner, without the prior written consent of Galatea Advocaten. You are allowed to print and/or download the information on this website for personal use.
Galatea Advocaten considers the protection of personal data to be important. We therefore strive to process your personal data with due care and provide you with information in this connection in a transparent and clear manner. We provide you with this information in this Privacy Statement.
1114 AA Amsterdam
PO box 12457
1100 AL Amsterdam
+31 (0)20 24 40 853
1. Which Personal data
Galatea Advocaten will only process those personal data which are needed for our services. We mainly process the following personal data:
- personal data we have obtained/generated during your visit to our website, via electronic newsletters, commercial e-mails or related technologies;
- contact details and other personal data that are needed to have your case handled by a lawyer;
- contact details and other personal data entered in contact forms or other web forms;
- contact details provided during introductory meetings, events, seminars, etc., such as information stated on business cards.
- Personal data obtained/generated during by our website, via electronic newsletters, commercial e-mails or related technologies.
- Personal data obtained from the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce and the Land Register;
- Personal data available on public business websites.
2. Why using Personal data?
We use your personal data for various purposes:
- Performing an agreement in which you have engaged us to provide a legal service. If you entrust a matter to one of our lawyers your contact details will be requested in any event. Other personal data may also be necessary for the handling of the case, depending on the nature of the case. Your data are also used to invoice the services provided;
- Maintaining contact with you: Your contact details are maintained in our client system and may be used among other things to send newsletters, updates, invitations to events and seminars and for sending you the information you have requested;
- Improving the quality of our product and service information and performing targeted marketing actions: We deem it important that we provide you with information which is relevant to you. In order to make this possible, we combine and analyse the personal data available to us. This is how we determine which information and which channels are relevant and which moments are most suitable for providing information or for establishing contact. We do not process within the context of marketing actions special personal data or confidential information that are protected by the professional privilege of lawyers or civil-law notaries. In the event we would like to create a personal, individual client profile of you, we will ask your consent in advance. It is always possible to withdraw this consent later if you so wish.
3. Retention period
Galatea Advocaten will not retain the personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to realise the purposes for which your personal data are collected or collected subsequently, unless Galatea Advocaten is obliged to retain the personal data for a longer period pursuant to a statutory provision.
4. Sharing Personal data with third parties?
Galatea Advocaten will not transfer your personal data to third parties unless this is necessary for the performance of our services or for the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement. We may also share your personal data with third parties if we are obliged to transfer personal data to the competent authority pursuant to a legal obligation.
5. Your Rights
You have the right to view your personal data, or have your personal data corrected or deleted. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you may have given with respect to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Galatea Advocaten, and you are entitled to data portability. This means that you have the right to submit to us a request for forwarding the personal data we hold in respect of you to another organisation you have indicated.
Please contact Hans Moltmaker via email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to inspect your overall data processing and/or you would like to transfer, change or remove data you are unable to edit yourself.
We strive to respond to your request as soon as possible, but in any event within four weeks.
You can also contact Hans Moltmaker if you have a complaint about the manner in which we handle your personal data. We would be pleased to help you find a solution. You can always apply to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (“Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens”) if the above does not lead to the desired result.
We will do everything within our power to secure your personal data as much as possible in order to prevent unlawful use such as unauthorised access, undesirable disclosure and unauthorised amendment or loss. We do so by means of physical, administrative, organisational and technical measures.
Galatea Advocaten has the right to amend, add to or adjust this Privacy Statement from time to time and for various reasons. The most current version of the Privacy Statement can always be found on our website.
8. Applicable law
Any disputes that may arise from this Privacy Statement are governed by Dutch law.
Version: 7 May 2020.